Running a business is tasking and sometimes a full-time job. But thankfully technology has made everything so simple and easy. Now, you can run your business seamlessly from the comfort of your, even with a smartphone.
But hold on.
How inclined is your business to technology? How is it actually affecting your business?
You probably might not know how best to answer that question. You’d probably say something along the lines of “well, great” if you feel you are having a good experience or “pretty bad” for those who have a terrible experience.
Truthfully, to some, it can be difficult to keep up with the latest tech innovations, especially if the business is not naturally tech-inclined. However, to see growth and success in your business, you do need to understand the benefits of technology and how to tap into it.
Just so you know, Technological advancement is the best thing that has happened and is currently happening to man as it contributes immensely to business growth in many ways.
This article has taken the liberty to list a few benefits of technology and then teach you as a business owner how to take advantage. This is because emerging technologies are causing very dramatic and accelerated transformation for companies and businesses around you, this is your opportunity to catch up.
What exactly is technology?
Simply put, “Technology as a concept describes all innovative aid that facilitates life activities for a person, an organization, its business and operational processes”.
Technology can be customer-oriented applications and solutions, business-critical production and logistics solutions, or back-office financial systems, among several others.
Besides, digitalization provides new business opportunities and requires companies to have a consistent digital frontline for interacting with customers, partners, and employees in an intertwined multi-channel world.
How can Technology help your business?
Technology makes life easy. It is practically useful in all areas of the business process. For the sake of this article, we would look at the various ways technology can be utilized in the following areas:
- Collaboration and Learning
- Customer service
- Mobile working, and
- Time tracking software is an excellent tool for mapping out where time is spent, by whom. Such analysis when properly utilized is great for accountability, process improvement, and productivity.
- Streamline your work processes with digital dictation.
- Use project management and task management tools to stay on top of your daily business responsibilities.
- Create a digital filing system to make it easier to sort, save, share and find documents.
- Develop an efficient email management process that makes it easier to stay on top of the flow of messages.
- Use an online invoicing service to reduce the costs of collecting payment from customers.
- Use online budget tracking to keep on top of—and reduce—your expenses.
- File your taxes more efficiently online.
- Create a new income stream by selling your products online.
- Use a comprehensive accounting software to streamline your business finances.
- Share digital files with your bookkeeper or accountant to improve your ongoing bookkeeping processes.
- Explore open source applications to replace some of the more costly “name brand” alternatives
- Use software to create a marketing plan that you can edit, update, and share with your team.
- Use social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, etc. to promote your business, products, and services.
- Start a blog related to your business and target audience.
- Collect email addresses through an opt-in form and start utilizing the power of email marketing.
- Use video marketing.
- Promote your business with a website and/or online advertising.
Collaboration and Learning
- Conduct teleconference calls to make sure team members in different locations are on the same page.
- Webinars or web conferences are great for keeping everyone in the loop with travel-free face-to-face time.
- Expand your knowledge and empower your team with online business training.
- Share files and data with the cloud.
- Set up an Intranet for local file sharing.
- Communicate quickly and clearly with your team through team messaging.
- Use social media to conduct customer service.
- Set up an online help desk or ticket system to handle customer issues.
- Allow clients to schedule appointments online at their convenience.
- Use online surveys and questionnaires to get customer feedback.
Mobile Working and Telecommuting
- Create a mobile office that allows you to work productively from anywhere.
- Try a remote desktop application to access files on your office computer.
- Go paperless to save money on supplies and storage in your office. Bonus: environmentally-sound choices are cool!
- Get a virtual phone number and electronic fax line that you can take anywhere.
- Use your smartphone and select apps that sync with the cloud to stay connected when you’re on the go.
In conclusion, technology, even in the business landscape is constantly innovating, you have to ensure that you keep on top of things. You don’t want to be overtaken by events, trends, or your competitors.
You should know it’s not too late to start. Just start from where you are
Was this article helpful? Let us know in the comments.